Tuesday, October 16, 2007

¡Viva Los Rockies!

[Plugged In To: Ben Harper / The Will To Live ]

A brief re-cap of my weekend...

Thursday, 10/11: Left work a wee bit early to take part in happy hour at Rock Bottom. It just so happened that Game 1 of the NLCS was on television that evening. It also just so happened to be the night they tapped the new stock of beer, so it was free from 6:00 til 6:30. Niiiice. Got a nice buzz going, the Rockies won, and I played softball. Didn't get to sleep until 1am. That wouldn't have been a problem except...

Friday, 10/12: Woke up at 4:00am to meet Jeff to go to the airport. Our destination: Vegas. I flew standby, so I got a middle seat and maybe 25 minutes of sleep on the plane. Got to Vegas, rented a car, and drove to Phoenix for Game 2 of the NLCS. The Rockies won again and we drove halfway back to Vegas. I went to bed a little after 4:00am (Pacific) meaning I was awake for 25 hours.

Saturday, 10/13: Woke up at 8:30am and drove the rest of the way to Vegas. Saw my Hurricanes choke away my first wager of the weekend. They are awful. Made more wagers on the Tribe/Indians game and won a few bucks. Got a prime rib dinner at 3:30am. Stayed up until after 5:00am.

Sunday, 10/14: Slept in and hung out for most of the morning watching football. Cursed the Bengals and Titans for ruining my parlay. Went to The Mirage for the Rockies game and had LITs thrown at us like they were going out of style. The Rockies won. Meandered down to the MGM and got some more drinks. Made an old lady feel really uncomfortable while sitting at a slot machine. It was her own fault for eavesdropping. Stayed up until 2:30am.

Monday, 10/15: Walked around Vegas for most of the day. Had a delicious lunch at Mesa Grill. Played 2 bucks on slots at Bally's and won 20, enough for a cab ride to the airport. Also got a free Corona. Got a ride from DIA to my car by the world's most disgruntled cabbie. Got home around 9:00pm. Changed into Rockies gear. Pondered going downtown, thought against it, then figured I would regret it if I didn't go. Went to Swanky's and watched the end of the game. Went outside and watched people go absolutely nuts. Gave a homeless junkie 1 dollar for a boob job in exchange for a light of a cigarette. Bought my NL Champs tee. Met Jeff and Monique for celebratory libations at Pat's. Walked around LoDo soaking it all in for about a half hour... got home around 2:00am.

Tuesday, 10/16: Very tired.

No comments: